You’re engaged!! Now what??
We know that you’ve dreamed of this day, picturing the love of your life down on one knee, popping THE question. With all the happiness and love surrounded by this moment, little do you know what you’re about to find on your to-do list! But fear no more… We’re here to help!!
To start, you should most definitely take the time to celebrate this moment, not only with your significant other, but also with your family, friends, and loved ones. Whether the proposal was a surprise or was truly something that you’ve been hoping for, we are sure that you feel on top of the world and cannot stop staring down at your now “sparkling” hand. Take in all the love and well wishes coming your way, because get ready — they don’t just call a bride a “bridezilla” for no reason!
With over 30 years of experience in the wedding industry we know a few things about the process of planning a wedding. Before you dig too deep into planning, here a few a few quick tips to help start the planning process smoothly –
- Call your family and loved ones to share the good news!
- Post a ring selfie (cause why not)!
- Get your ring sized (if need be) cause you don’t want that baby falling off!
- Purchase ring insurance (boring, but necessary).
- Make an list about what matters THE most at your wedding; music, food, location, photos, etc.
- Narrow down the season you want to get hitched in and choose a few potential wedding dates. (Keep in mind that your date could change due to availability at the venue you choose… have a plan but know it could change).
- Discuss budgeting* (This is a really big step for both you and your future spouse to be on the same page about)
Determine guest list size and invitees.
- When it comes to choosing a venue and choosing vendors contact us! Not only do we provide music, videography, lighting and photography, but we have great connections with vendors and venues all throughout New England. We often help couples with choosing a location that fits their needs/wants/budget.
- Throw yourself an engagement party!
- AND lastly, just remember to enjoy the ride. There will be moments of stress but keep reminding yourself why you’re getting married.
Of course, there’s no strict order to follow as long as you’re tackling the immediate to-dos. Committing the rest of your life to the love of your life is scary and amazing and yet the best kind of stress. Just remember, this is a major, major milestone in your life but planning your wedding together with the help of professionals can be the icing on the cake.
We hope this helps! You’re friends at NuImage.