Congratulations on your engagement! What an exciting time thinking about your future as a married couple! Before you start to stress about planning your wedding, remember that wedding planning takes a long time, and not everything will get done right away. It may be overwhelming to think about the proper order of steps that need to be taken when beginning the process of planning a wedding, but we are here to help! Here are some tips that will ease the stress of wedding planning, especially in the early stages.
Share the News
- This is an exciting time in your life, so the first step to planning a wedding is to share the news with family and friends who will be equally as excited as you are! Some people want to tell everyone they know immediately, and others take their time – go at your own pace and don’t rush to tell everyone.
Enjoy your Engagement
- Before things get hectic with planning and after you have told everyone, take some time with your fiance to enjoy being engaged. Take as much time to get settled before planning your wedding and do what is right for you.
Get Organized and Make a To-Do List
- Organizing your wedding information and creating a to-do list is the first step when planning your wedding. Don’t make hard deadlines from the beginning because things may take more time than you think, but instead, create a checklist of things that need to get done within a certain amount of time. It may be best to create a folder on your computer or get a binder/notebook to store all your information there.
Set Times to Plan
- Designate time to plan separate from just spending time with your partner. It is easy for wedding planning to take over your life, so set specific times solely for planning to ensure it will not take away from spending time with your fiance.
- Although every decision made should be a team effort, it is essential to plan efficiently and to do this, you and your partner should divide tasks that need to get done. Communicating and dividing tasks will relieve some pressure and stress of wedding planning, knowing you are doing it as a team.
Once you have done these initial steps of planning your wedding, the fun really starts! You get to pick out dresses, color schemes, decorations, choose your vendors, and much more! So enjoy the fun of it all and begin to look forward to your special day.